The deacons are servants of God under the pastor. The deacons seek to reach out to the members of Park Avenue Missionary Baptist Church. They are ordained and trained to assist the pastor. The term “deacon” means to minister or to serve.
- When the need arises, feel free to contact your assigned deacon.
- Visit the sick and shut in.
- Provide ministering to prison inmates.
- Men of integrity and good character.
- Minister to the spiritual and physical needs of church members and attendees.
8 In the same way, deacons[a] are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
11 In the same way, the women[b] are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.